Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Ornament Done

I finished this one yesterday, and it's probably my last finish of the week. I got it all beaded and sewed it up. Even though every single fabric is the same as those used in the first one, it came out totally different due to the embellishing process. It counts as number eighteen on my project challenge. At this rate, I might even finish the challenge before the new year. W00t! This one's going for an exchange for Cyberstitchers. I hope whoever it ends up with likes it.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Squaring It Up

This square is going to become another ornament. I've got several of the seams done, but none of the beading. This one's not going to have a big central motif. Four more of these to go after this one!

This picture was taken Friday night, as usual. I completed the square into an ornament last night, and my husband will take a picture of the finished product tonight.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Putting My Heart Into It

The upper picture is the stitching, finished last night. The lower picture is where it was on Friday. I done good, getting yet another project done! The fabric was dyed by me and the pattern was a freebie from The Gift of Stitching magazine called "French Inspired Heart". Originally, I was going to make it into an ornament, but my husband - who's evidently desperate to frame something - told me he has some redwood already milled down that he wants to use on this. So, it's getting framed. I like that it was quick and easy to do and it let me play around yet again with variegated threads. The floss on this is one of the DMC variations. Oh, and it even counts as a project finish, bringing me to seventeen.

Boxed Up and Ready to Give

My husband spent about an hour lacing this up and putting it onto the box top last night. Doesn't it look great? I'm very happy to have it done and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I'll probably do the other two patterns that came with this one some time soon.

All Beaded Up

Here's the picture of Arabesque all beaded up. I think the beads add a LOT to the overall design and just make it pop. My husband has already started stretching it to put on the box top. It also counts as the sixteenth project on my project challenge.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Received in Exchange

I was lucky enough to receive this lovely ornament in an exchange! It'll definitely be going on my tree. I think I was even the first person to receive an ornament in the exchange. For a look at who made this one and some of the other ornaments going out, check out the blog.

All But the Beads

This picture was taken last night, when I was -so- close to being done. All the stitching was done, and only the beads need to be put in place. It's a very nice combination of colors and I hope the person who's getting it likes it.
I managed to put the beads on this morning and my husband will be taking a picture tonight of it completed.