Showing posts with label Jelly Bellies. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Jelly Bellies. Show all posts

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Fish Done

I added the cap to the middle jellyfish!  That means I've got three done, yay!  It looks like I won't finish this here, but I'll get it done in Texas.  Who knows?  I might even get it done here after all the packing's done and there's not much to do for a week.

Friday, June 03, 2011

Still Capping It Off

I am done stitching the cap.  Now to put it onto the jellyfish next session!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still Working on the Bell

I'm still working on the bell for the second jellyfish.  It's truly difficult to count on the gauze because of the two layers of net it's sandwiched between.  On the other hand, I did get quite a bit done this last time.

Saturday, May 07, 2011

A Bell

This week I've been stitching on the cap for the second from the left jellyfish.  It's on 40 count silk gauze and takes forever to show progress.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Red Tentacles

Sometimes I think a designer puts stuff in to teach a new technique.  I ran into that very thing with this on my last stitching session.  There are two kinds of tentacles on the second jellyfish from the left.  The first is whipped outline stitch, and the second is couched wire.  The wire was superfluous, I believe.  It was a pain to work with and did not add much dimensionality at all.  Anyway, it's done now!  On to working on the next jellyfish for a bit.

Friday, March 11, 2011

All Waved Out

I'm finished with the waves.  Now I can concentrate on finishing off the jellyfish.  The far left one is the only one complete.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Still Waving

I had another session of adding waves to this.  One more waving session then back to the jellyfish!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Waving Away

I am now off the jellyfish for the moment and working on the background.  It feels good to be doing something new with this!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tentacles in Place

Back to the jellies!  I finished off the tentacles on the fifth, so now I get to start something new on it next time I pick it up.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Still Tentacling the Fifth

Still working on the fifth jellyfish, and it's about to be put on hold until after the new year, along with most of my regular stuff.  Got too many gifts to make! 

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Legging the Fifth

I am still working on the fifth jellyfish.  There's a lot of work to do on the tentacles downward.  Lots of color  changes, too.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Starting the Fifth

Finished the first layer of jellyfish number four and started number five.  I do feel like I'm making progress, but it's hard to see the design coming together at this point.  I really don't like the way the directions are written.  You have to consult at least three pages for every area, and spreading so many pages around - which are not in order, either, makes it very hard in a cramped to begin with work area.

Friday, July 09, 2010

Lots of Work, Little to Show

Well, I did spend some time on this part this week.  It's a lot of teeny tiny stitches, so it doesn't look like a lot of progress.  I think it's more work done, though, and there are other places where there's not much for a lot of visible punch.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eye of the Jelly

The fourth jellyfish has a lot of work in the bottom of the bell.  Right now, it looks like an eye.  It's at least getting done!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Started on the Fourth

Real progress, in that I've started working on the fourth of five jellyfish.  The third one, as far as I can tell, is totally done.  The first one is, too, which leaves two for more work later.  No idea on if I'll get done in one pass on the fourth, but it's started.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Tentacles Down

This week, I finished all the stitching on the tentacles of the third jellyfish.  I have one more step for this jellyfish, which should go quickly, and then I get to start a new one!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Tentacling On

This week, I worked on the massive tentacles for the third jellyfish.  I should have that done the next time I work on it.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Adding Some Fringe

I added some fringe to the bottom of the bell of the third jellyfish.  Now I need to do the stitching for the tentacles.  I started the first one, but there are four or five of them.

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Underside

I managed to get the underside of the third jellyfish finished this week.   It covers nearly as much area as the top.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Toque Done

The top half of this third jellyfish looks a lot like a knitted toque now that I've got it done.  I've started the underbelly and will hopefully have it finished when I get back to it next week.