Showing posts with label Tiramisu. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Tiramisu. Show all posts

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tiramisu's Done!

I finished it last week, but am just now getting around to posting the picture. Here's a complete Tiramisu! Now I have to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking of finishing the edges and making it into a table runner. Anyway, a year and a half or more of work went into it and it's one big project done.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

So Close and Upside Down

For the past month, I've been using a computer that's not mine. Mine's in the Dell shop getting repaired. Luckily, it's still under warranty. So I can't rotate this picture for you as I normally would. It's Tiramisu, of course, but upside down. It's also showing that I'm on the very last band. So close to being done! Next time I work on it, it's finished.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Two and a Half of Five

Two and a half of five medallions done. I'll be done with this, for certain, before the end of the year.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Medallion and a Half

The next to last band is five medallions. I've already got one and a half done. I really liked the clean lines of this one, so I'm doing it all in one thread instead of several shades.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Band Done

Yes, I finished the ladder band bottom part this week. Now on to the last two bands.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

All Laddered Up

The ladder's done on band ten, and all I have to do to complete this section is the bottom border, which I've already started. After that, there are only two more bands to go. Good thing, too. I'm running out of fabric.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bedecking the Ladder

I'm still adding flowers to the ladder on this band. Lots more to go, but at least there's some progress.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Budding Out

The inside of the ladder part is done, and I added in some of the buds and tendrils. It's coming along a little bit faster than I thought it would.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Adding Greens

I added some green shoots this week to the band, and started with the insides of the main ladder. The picture's even a bit straighter this time. Hopefully next week I'll have more fleshing out done.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

In the Ladder Days

Things look a bit crooked, but it's only the picture. Everything's even. The ladder's the central part of this band, and there are flowers all around it. I'm really hoping to finish this piece relatively soon.

Saturday, July 11, 2009


I've gotten the outline of the middle element done; now it's time to get everything else around it started. With this part complete, though, I shouldn't have to worry about having things out of place by much - I hope.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

More Alien Figures

I added more to the top border of band ten. It still looks like Space Invaders to me. I'm sure that wasn't the intent in the seventeenth century. Maybe the video game designers got the idea from blackwork?

Friday, June 26, 2009

Band Nine Done and Ten Started

I finished band nine this week - only bands ten through twelve to go, though band ten at least is pretty big. I've started the tenth band, and as you can see, it's a bit weird in design. To me, the top border looks like those aliens from Space Invaders. Anyway, it's good to feel this is progressing somewhat quickly.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Already More Than Half Done

It feels good to have a quick little band after the last few. This one's already almost done. Yay!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

One Band Done, Another Started

When I last worked on this in March, I was a bit fed up with it. I'd separated the strands of some Soy Silk and was using them for the border. It shredded like crazy, no matter how short I made the strands. So when I was in Kosovo it got laid aside, and it just got back into my rotation last week. I buckled down and did the last of that border. I'll never repeat that experiment, either. Band eight is officially done, and band nine is started. It's a very small band and I hope to finish it in a couple of weeks. Only three more bands to go after this one!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Nearly There

I'm still working on the last bit of band eight. The way the separated soy luster shreds, it's amazing I have any hair left. I've got just a little bit more to go and then I'll never separate the stuff again.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Nearly Banded

I'm almost at the end of band eight; all that needs to be done is the rest of the bottom line. The problem with this, like the problem with the top line, is that I unplied soysilk to do it. This makes it -very hard- to work with. It shreds and falls apart if you look at it funny. I don't think I'll do it again any time soon, but I need to continue in order to get this band done.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Tidying Up

I finished the other big flower and even started the bottom edge of the eighth band. All that's left of this band is a little bit of green and the rest of the bottom edge. I'm getting there.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Not Another Flower

This picture is way too pink and yellow, but you can see I made significant progress on my latest band. All the little diamonds are done and quite a bit of the vine they're in.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Big Flower

This week, I got a big part of the band done - one of the two large side flowers. I even managed to start a second. All that's left of this band after these flowers is the trellis sides and bottom and then the straight line across the bottom upside down from the top one.