Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Quick Finish

Well, this is another one of the sealife round robins. It's Janien from Brazil's. I did the seahorse on the left today. Needed something quick and this fit the bill AND got a bit of responsibility out of the way. I'll be mailing it out on Monday. This makes number four of the twenty-five project challenge. And if you want to know where the pattern came from, it's from Mains & Merveilles Point de Croix #61 and the thread is Gentiane from L'atelier du pic vert. I like the color.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Shells... and More Shells

I got enough of the border shells done this week to start the second row on this piece's next pass on the rotation. It's something called starfles. Don't ask, cause I don't know. The shells take a lot of floss but go rather quickly. I still like their colors a lot.

My Garden Grows

I managed to do more work on this this week - there's more of the midnight blue color and more bleu sage. Looks like I'll be working with metallics for the coming week. For some reason, when I do, I feel like I'm making more progress than working with some of the silk colors. It must be some kind of psych thing with the sparkles.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Officially Behind

As I knew would happen, I fell officially behind on Tuscany on Wednesday. I am not very far behind, however. Since taking this picture, I've gotten all the outer border done and most of the inner area done. It's mainly specialty stitches to complete part one. I haven't even looked at what I need to do for part two yet, but I will probably be able to start it next week. I still really like the color of the fabric with the colors of the floss, although some people would say the two light colors blend in too much.

Round Robin Complete

Last night, I finally finished my part of this round robin. It took a lot longer than I thought it should, but it's done. Now I have four others in queue to do! I'll be able to get them started now that this one's done. It's getting sent to India today. This also counts as my third project of my 25 project challenge, which is a good thing.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bordering on Four

I finished off the top border of Band four. It turned out pretty well, I think. Since this picture on Friday, I've started the twining part of the band. I've decided to use the Egyptian Lapis blue as the main color, with some of the leaves in green and the flowers in the same color as the border.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Not As Far As I Thought

I really did believe I'd finish this round robin last week. It's a LOT of stitching, though, and I didn't get it done. So this week, I started doing two lengths of floss between everything else I'm doing, which has worked out to about 3-4 lengths every day. I'm MUCH closer now and hope to finish it by Friday. The letters on top of the dog house are nearly finished. If it's not done by Friday, I'll just work on it until it's finished. To me, this was a bit much stitching for a round robin.