Angola celebrated its independence day on November 11, the same as our Veteran's Day. That means we get one less holiday off because of the overlap. On the other hand, it was the fortieth anniversary of independence, so they put on a very nice fireworks show we could watch from the apartment.
While these shacks are not really sanctioned, the people in them have air conditioning and satellite tv. They are also right below our apartment building. There's also the view of the port and harbor here, too.
7. Snowflake Tree by Alexandra Adelaide Needlework, J/F 2013 JCS
8. Butterfly Vignette from Dimensions Gold
16. Winter Evergreens by Derwentwater Designs
17. M'Lady's Quadrielle by the Sweetheart Tree
18. Alhambra Garden by Chatelaine Designs
20. Naptime Dragon by Kustom Krafts
23. Island Sheep by Mary Hickmott
26. Celestial Spheres from New Stitches
27. Tree Motif from Berlin Embroidery Design
28. Mystery Brocant from Reflets de Soie
29. Play Ball from Mill Hill
30. Dragonfly Dreams from Dimensions
Crazy January Challenge 2012 Leftovers
1. Paun (Peacock) by Art Goblen 11. Earth Dragon from Meineck Design Group 13. Mystery Brocante from Reflets de Soie 20. Winter Evergreens from Derwentwater Designs 28. Butterfly Vignette from Dimensions 30. Dragonfly Pair from Dimensions