Showing posts with label pulled thread. Show all posts
Showing posts with label pulled thread. Show all posts

Monday, March 16, 2020

Thread Pulled

The little pulled thread ornament is done and given away. Didn't turn out bad at all.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pulled Thread Ornament

The pattern for this is a petite project from EGA.  I made it for the CyberStitchers' January meeting Little Extra.  It came out pretty well, I think.

Friday, March 23, 2012

All Bordered Up

This piece is done as far as I can take it.  It's meant to have a smaller stitche piece inside the square on another piece of canvas, but I don't have that design.  I will either fill it with a piece of gingko fabric or make it into a photo frame.  Either way, it's all stitched up.  I started working on this as part of my 2011 Crazy January Challenge, so it's one more off my list.  The design is called "The Gingkos" and it was created by Jane Ellen Balzuweit.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Gold's Done

I finished the gold background.  Now I have to outline the square and the leaves; then I'll be done!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Just One Patch

Just one more patch of gold background to go, then it's get the borders done.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Blinging It Up

Still working the golden lines on this, but it looks quite a bit more done now.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Back In The Rotation

This ended up out of rotation after my move.  Since I finished something else, I put it back in now.  There's not all that much left to do on it - just the rest of the gold and then outlining.  Another finish coming my way in the next couple months!

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

All Four Done

I got all four leaves done!  Now it's time to go to the background for a while.  It feels good to see such significant progress every time.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Three of Four

And another leaf done, this one in a medieval filling stitch.  One more leaf then on to the background!

Monday, January 31, 2011

A Small Project

This project only took a few days.  I got it out of an old issue of Needle Arts, and I think it came out pretty well.  The reason for the color variation is that I used an overdyed Weeks Dye Works floss.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crazy January #2 - The Gingkos

This piece will be stretching me in two ways - it's pulled thread on canvas and it's got a cut out to add in later.  Both are things I've not done before.  The canvas means you have to pull really hard to get it to make a big hole.  I'll definitely get back to this soon.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Showing Off a Pilot Piece

I piloted the Dresden Garden GCC for EGA this past autumn.  Of course I couldn't show it to you at the time, but the course is now released to everyone.  I used 40 count linen and did it in green instead of white.  The technique was fun and fairly easy to learn, and I think I'll make this into a boxtop.  I really like the look of it on green.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Winter's Heart

I finished the heart I designed. I'm going to tweak it a bit, but overall, I like the result. I'm thinking of making three more hearts for the other three seasons.