Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Silk and Metal Stitching Started

I finally started stitching this last week. It's going well so far. This picture shows the start on Part A. I finished Part A yesterday and now have one complete leaf on it. I'm really glad I did the other piece of goldwork first, though. There are some things not explained very well in the instructions and having that little bit of experience has helped me. Now to get it farther along before July when it has to be turned in.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Quarter Done on Roses

I've made some significant progress on my roses at the bottom. Both top leaves are done now, and two of the three roses are started. I should have it done by the end of March for sure. Since this one came so late, I have the feeling the last two will also. I still think it's a neat idea.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Kissing Pillows

These cute little pillows were designed by Geraldine Trappey of the Yellow Rose Chapter of the Embroiderers' Guild of America to give to children of servicepeople about to be deployed. The design is only available to chapters of EGA and the American Needlepoint Guild to do as outreach projects. I didn't stitch these two, but I finished them! They are the first two pillows in the Outreach Program of Cyberstitchers. Our Outreach chairman stitched them and she did a wonderful job. I am committing myself to stitching one a week. The smaller one, that I messed up the cutting on, is already on its way to a service member's family. He deployed yesterday, but they're hoping to get it to him to kiss and return before he gets all the way overseas. If you're in EGA or ANG, contact the Yellow Rose Chapter EGA to ask how your chapter can get involved!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ribbons and Roses

The strap is up to 23.5 inches and after this picture was taken, I cut the purse into its shape and added the batting. Next is to sew it to its lining. It's beginning to actually look like a purse. At the rate things are going, I should have the strap and purse itself done at the same time. Not sure if that's going to be before I get to France, though. Oh well ... I think I'm going to have a nearly full suitcase of projects anyway.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Medieval and Mini

Well, I got the black square backstitching done on the Medieval Mandala and got to start the brown backstitching in the fences. I -might- finish that backstitching this week, depending on what comes up in my real life, which has been surprising me a lot lately. That's the reason I didn't get around to even think about finishing the Mini. On the other hand, I've started doing the backstitching and specialty stitches on it, and they're going quickly. After I took this picture, I managed to get a quarter of the Rhodes stitches around the inner water area done and two Algerian eyes done in the corners by the gold. I still plan on working on this to finish it as soon as I can. I have too many other things I need to start, and this is waaay too small a project to have taken over three months on.

Completed Arches

Finally, the arches are done! I can do some other things on this now - I'm so happy! New colors! It's been a week of trying to get back on track. I managed to do something on every one of my works in progress. So, I am still on Part 2 of 6 of this design, but at least I'm done with one very large piece of Part 2.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Victorian Garden

This is two weeks' worth of pictures. I didn't get around to posting last week's picture of this last week, so I included it with this week. It's one of the few things you can see actual progress on. I'm getting back into my stitching routine, so hopefully things will get more done in the next few days. I loved all the lighter colors on this, but I'm a bit dubious about these darker ones. To me, they just dull the piece ... but I'll see when I'm farther along.