Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dazzle Done

I finished it yesterday and my husban took a picture last night. We're planning on making a box for it, one of poplar, possibly with a whitewash, and setting it in the top. Overall, I like how this came out. The Flair gave me some issues coming out of the holes and squeezing itself into a tube in a few places. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it to lay flat right out of those holes. I can tell where I didn't use the laying tool - which means I need to always use it on projects like this. I learned a lot about working with one. The project is designed by Margaret Bendig for the San Diego chapter of the American Needlepoint Guild. It counts as part of my project challenge because I bought it as a kit, and ergo was completely from the kit stash. This brings me to 22 of 25 done toward my challenge.

10 comments:

HasturTorres said...

Very lovely. Congratulations!

AMW said...

Congratulations on the finish, it looks very nice.

Jeanne said...

It's gorgeous. I love the colors! Congratulations!

Julie said...

Beautiful! I think it would look great in a whitewash box or frame.

Cindy said...

Very nice finish! I love the wintery colors, and I think that it will look wonderful with something whitewashed framing it :)

Lani said...

It's beautiful!! Congrats on the finish. I'm sure your hubby will come up with a perfect box for it.

Gill said...

I really love the colours. Great finish.

tintocktap said...

Well done on finishing Dazzle - it's beautiful! Your box idea sounds lovely too.

I also like your MTM - you're just a bit ahead of me as I'm beading part 3!

Mary said...

Very pretty!
Congrats!
Mary

Tim said...

I hope my box lives up to your stitching. Love Hubby