Friday, December 28, 2007

Island Home Complete


It's taken me a couple of months, but I did finish the Island Home project I set up for the test meeting of the ANG online chapter in formation. Overall, I think it came out pretty well. The best part is the house itself. I nailed that down perfectly with the look and stitch selection. With the fields, I made some poor selections on stitches.
What would I do differently if I restitched it? I'd not use the medallion stitch on the top field. The coverage wasn't that good and it just looks flat. Same with, I'm sorry to say, the water stitch. I had great hopes for it before I did it, from the write up it was given in stitch of the month. It has too much of a regular vertical flow for me. I'd also change the color of the alternating scotch stitch hill, though I like the nubby texture it gives.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow!!! That looks great. You finished that in a hurry. Great job!!!!

Napa Needlepoint said...

Meg --

It looks great. I'm with you on the Water Stitchm but I don't think the problem is the stitch, but the location.

It has such a small scale, so I think it looks out of proportion with the larger scale stitch of the sky (which I love).

But I love the threads and colors you chose, I think it has a much more interesting texture than the original.

Janet

Cindy said...

I think that it looks great :)

Meg said...

Thank you all! And yes, the water stitch was probably too small for the area. It's getting sent out in the mail today as a gift - the recipient's turning it into a bag for her daughter. She has two more daughters, so I'm going to have to make two more things for them!

Lani said...

Congrats on the finish! I love all the different threads and textures in it.

SueB said...

I love it! I also figure there's always something we'd do differently ... if you decide to make another, I'd volunteer to take this one off your hands.

later, alligator!
- SueB of sueblondin.blogspot.com